1. Brown, Rev. Andrew. The Parish of Campsie: Stirlingshire Statistical Account, 1841
2. Cameron, John. The Parish of Campsie 1st edition, published by D MacLeod,
47, Cowgate Street, Kirkintilloch, 1892, reprinted by Strathkelvin District
Libraries and Museums. 1985.
3. Davidson, Peter. Dept of Geology, National Museums of Scotland
4. Fairhurst, Horace The Meikle Reive. A Hill Fort of the Campsies, Stirlingshire
5. Heddle, Professor Matthew Foster. The County Geognosy and The Minerology of Scotland.
Truro - Lake and Lake. Date of Publication 1878-1880. Printed (posthumously) in
6. Hood, John. Old Lennoxtown, Campsie, Milton-of-Campsie & Torrance. 2003. Stenlake
Publishing. 54-58 Mill Square, Catrine, Ayrshire, Scotland. Printed by
Cordfall Ltd., Glasgow G21 2 QA
7. Lapslie, Rev. James. Statistical Account of Scotland, Vol. XV, 1795. The Parish of Campsie.
8. Lee, Rev. Robert. Parish of Campsie, Statistical Account of Scotland, Vol 111, Publishers,
William Blackwood & Sons, 1841.
A guide to Campsie, Vickery, Kyle & Co., Ltd.
9. Lees, Iain. The Campsies and the Land of Lennox. 1933
10. Morris, Neil Shavings for Breakfast 1987. Published by Neil Morris
11. Mitchell, John Monumental Inscriptions (pre-1855) in West Stirlingshire.
Mitchell, Sheila produced for the Scottish Genealogy Society. 1973.
12. Nimmo, William. The History of Stirlingshire, 3rd edition, Thomas D Morrison, 1880.
13. Ritchie, A.L.(compiler) The Book of Lennox-Castle. Published 1936.
City & Counties Publishing Co. Ltd., 86, Renfrew Street, Glasgow. C2
14. Ruddy, William. Campsie Black Watch Football Club 50th Year Celebrations
Printed by M & A Thomson, Litho Ltd., East Kilbride. 1994
15. The Royal Commission on the Ancient & Historical Monuments in Scotland, Vol 1 (of 2 Vols), 1963
Printed by H.M.S.O Publishers T&A Constable Ltd., Edinburgh
16. Lennoxtown Initiative Annual Report 2005
17. Lennox-Castle Estate Sale Catalogue 1929
Walking in Scotland
The Lennox District - Leamhnachd
The Armies of Pestilence: The Impact of disease on History
East Dunbartonshire Town (Lennoxtown)
Paterson, Tom. Genealogy - Stirlingshire - East Dunbartonshire - Lennoxtown (Local history)
Lennox Castle Hospital - AOL Hometown
Campsie Black Watch
Glasgow Herald. June 28th 1939
Kirkintilloch Herald. September 24th, 1888
Kirkintilloch Herald. September 28th, 1898
Kirkintilloch Herald. November 3rd, 1909
Kirkintilloch Herald. September 20th 1922
Kirkintilloch Herald. November 1st, 1922
Kirkintilloch Herald. June 28th, 1939
Kirkintilloch Herald. November 23rd, 1970
Kirkintilloch Herald. March 29th, 2006
The Scotsman. February 17th, 2006
The Mail on Sunday April 23rd, 2006
Aerial Photographs 3, 4 and 20 by kind permission of Edward Z. Smith, Hawkeye Photography.
Photographs 6, 8,11,12,15 & 24 courtesy of Strathkelvin District Libraries
Photographs 37 & 38 by kind permission of May Gilchrist.
Photograph 39 by kind permission of George Legg.
Others from own collection.
The Devil Uisge Beatha
Song by Alan Reid of the Battlefield Band. From the Album 'New Spring'.